Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why do you care who I love?

You may not agree with what I have to say about this but this is MY blog, and my place to express my feelings. I do not mind hearing from you if you feel differently. Unlike many of these people in this documentary I have LOVE for all people even those I do not agree with or understand.

Over this past weekend I had the pleasure of staying at my best friend Lindsi's house. We had a great time and while the boys headed out for guy time she and I watched a documentary that she had talked to me about weeks before. Proposition 8, if you have not seen I would urge you to do so.


We cried, yelled and were speechless while watching this doc. I have never seen such hatred in all my life. I was sickened by the humane race after watching this. I wanted to ask each person that was fighting against gay marriage Mormon or not, "Why do you care who I love?"

If this is you religious belief that is fine but you have no right to impose your religious beliefs on other people. This goes for all religion. God says lead them to me, he does not say judge them and treat them like they are garbage if they do not agree with you. Also we all have the right to have church and state seperate, what happened in California was the complete opposite of this.
I have nothing against different religions than mine, but let me tell you that what this church did in California to me is nothing short of despicable. Are these people so afraid of what they are not comfortable with that they will treat others like their love is less than theirs? I wish, honestly that someone would tell me what right they have to tell others who they can love and marry and who they cannot.

I am not going to go any further on this because just thinking about it is making me emotional and upset right now. I would suggest that you watch this documentary and have your Kleenex ready.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lindsi for having me watch this! I am going to get involved in fighting for equal rights this week. I feel compelled to take action.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of those topics that gets my blood boiling and causes me to immediately break out my soap box. I simply cannot wrap my mind around denying fair and equitable rights to law-abiding American citizens on the basis of religious objections when we're supposed to live in a nation that touts a separation of church and state. GRRR!!! Good for you for being outraged and getting involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie! I agree 100 percent with you, I am just so upset by this. I thought church was meant to unite people, not create hatred. Now I know why people are starting to turn away from organized religion. My girl friend lives near a place where people of faith get together that says "Find God, not religion" I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Californian and someone with many gay friends this topic is very near and dear to my heart. Not being religious at all it's easy for me to shake my head in disbelief at all the religious objectors and your post just goes to show that not everyone who believes in God believes that gays are less than human. What always surprising to me is that I have very good friends who voted in favor of Prop 8. They are loving, kind, gentle people. I still struggle with understanding how something that represents so much hate has sucked in these friends. I honestly could go on and on about this, and did for quite some time, but I won't. Thank you for writing this post. It is bolstering knowing there are people like you out there in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to check it out. I agree with you completly about this topic. I have troubles getting my thoughts out but you put it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sister! Very well said!

    ReplyDelete