Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Blog Hop

It is Tasty Tuesday over at For the Love of Blogs!

The recipe that I have listed below is one of my favorites but I do not make it very much anymore because I am really trying to watch my calorie intake.

Chicken Puff Pastry...don't let the name fool you it is really nummy!

Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with chives
4 puff pastry shells
I also put garlic and onion salt in the cream cheese! You can also adds onions of pepers to the cream cheese, basically whatever you want to give it a bit more flavor.

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2.Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and place in hot oil; cook for 5 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Remove skillet from heat.
3.Roll out pastry shells as thinly as possible so that it is big enough to fit around a chicken breast. Spread 2 ounces of cream cheese on one chicken breast, place in the center of a pastry sheet; fold the pastry around the chicken, and pinch the pastry edges together very tightly to seal. If you do not get a good seal you will lose your cream cheese.Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place the pastry-wrapped chicken breasts on a greased baking sheet.
4.Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, love the name of your blog. Pretty cute. Stopped over from FTLOB. Sounds like a great and easy recipe!
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love anything with cream cheese. I might have to make this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good! Stopped by from FTLOB. I'll be making this for sure! Really glad I found your site I'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete