So today I started really looking for a preschool, (not a daycare) for Hannah. Little did I know that there are already wait lists for next year! Momma fail! I was told that open enrollment just started and that there were already wait lists at 5 of the 6 places I called. I am sure if I went to a at home preschool I could get her in, but those are run too much like daycare for what we are looking to get her into.
So now I am running all over filling out apps and getting on all the wait lists. :( I am really hoping that she gets into the Lutheran Church one down the road from me. We are actually going to try out their new church on Sunday! We have not found a church that we feel comfortable with since we have been here and to be honest for the last year I really just gave up. Clearly we live in the Bible belt of Washington and I am looking for more of a relaxed atmosphere like our old church that we all miss soooo much! The first time we walked in we felt comfortable, everyone was nice, there were no clicks starring at you or what you were wearing. Our Pastor was a jeans and t shirt guy that often showed up on his Harley. There were people from every walk of life there. I absolutely loved it!
For now I am going to have to give this new church a chance and hopefully I will find a place that I feel comfortable and hopefully Hannah can get into their preschool! I have been feeling like something has been missing in my life since not going to church, I love that feeling that I get when the service is over. Its like I am charged for the week, I am reminded that I am not alone. I pray that I can find that once again!
Last year when we started thinking about sending my 4 year old to preschool we thought, no big deal! Sign her up and shell out some dough and there we go. We could not be more wrong! We went to dozens of places and if they weren't more than $1500 a month there was a wait list. We finally decided on a place and then found out they had all kind of violations. Whaaaat?!? So we were scrambling around and lucked out in the end. Now we just finished kindergarten registration which was 100 times more stressful and we weren't shopping schools! Don't know why sending your kid to school has to be so difficult! Good luck to you & your search!
ReplyDeleteNew follower from ftlob! Happy Sunday!