Monday, April 11, 2011

My Weekend

This past Sunday at our new Church the Pastor was talking about how when things are great we feel very close to God or trust in Him completely but when things are not so good we tend to ask Him where the Heck He is at?! This hit home for me because right now with Jerimiah's issues I am feeling a little beaten down. I'm sad, depressed and find myself asking what the bigger picture will look like for him.

Our Pastor made a great analogy for us, saying that each of our lives is like a puzzle without a box to reference where the pieces go. I think we can all agree that doing a puzzle is much easier when the have to box to look at to get an idea of where that piece goes. We are able to see the bigger picture. But trying to figure out where things go in our own life's can often be difficult since we cannot see the whole picture.

I know that when we are hurting or feel alone He is looking down on us saying "I know it hurts but you cannot see the big picture that I can." This is something that I am going to start reminding myself when things get rough, not just with Jerimiah but in everything. I know that He will never, ever leave me. I know that He loves me and I know that only He can see the bigger picture.

Sorry to get all Spiritual on you ha ha!
On to something else that happened this week. I reconnected with an old friend. Her and I have been friends since high school and we are friends on Facebook but I also have been reserved in having a relationship with her over the last few years. Which is just crazy because she has always reached out to me when things have been rough for me. So I took the step of emailing her and apologizing for being so snotty and not making more of an effort. The sweetheart that she did wrote me back and accepted my apology and we have decided that we will both make more of an effort to see each other and not have that silly distance between us.
I guess this is part of growing up. You realize some of your actions are silly and sometimes rude.
Okay enough rambling, this weekend I also: went to a wedding, went to a demolition derby, ate way too much food, avoided the gym and did tons of homework!
How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I really like that analogy! I've never thought about it that way, but it makes a lot of sense.

    I'm sure your friend is equally happy to work on becoming closer to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete