Tuesday, April 19, 2011

6 year old brings gun to school....really?!

If you follow the national news you would have seen this headline flash on the tv screen. A six year old kindie took a gun to school, it dropped out of his bag discharging and hitting him and two other children.

There is something wrong with this picture? First how the hell did a 6 year old get his little hands on a gun?! Second of all, where was the gun lock?! Where was the safe?! And why wasn't the gun in it?
I get really upset when I see things like this, seeing a child injured by a gun at the age of six is horrible but to know that his parents did not secure it properly is so upsetting to me!

I don't know about you but I know that when you get CWP you are given free gun locks. This keeps it from discharging and has to be unlocked with a key (at least ours do). Also who has a hand gun laying around their house? There are so many inexpensive gun safes that you can get that I believe that there is no excuse not to have one. My theory is if you cannot afford the safe you should not have a gun.

This whole incident angers me, there is no excuse why a 6 year old should have a gun in their backpack. They are not teenagers that can crack the code or figure out how to unlock it. They are six year olds, most of them cant even tie their shoes yet?!

So parents, if you have a firearm in your home please do the right thing and secure it. Making sure that a child cannot get to it is simple and if you cant do that then you shouldn't have a gun or a child!

3 comments:

  1. It makes me sad that people are that irresponsible.

    I'm new to your blog! I found you on FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well!

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete