Hello everyone! I wanted to first thank you all for your support doing this difficult time. This past week has been really tough on us. Jerimiah's moods seem to go up and down without any wanring. He goes from happy to sobbing or very angry within a matter of minutes. I found out through a new friend that this is typical with high functioning autism/ SPD kids. We have seen this happening for sometime but it has gotten increasing bad lately. It is heartbreaking to watch him bounce back and fourth and not be able to help. It really makes me feel like I am missing the mark.
What makes things more stressful is that we are not equiped to handle this. We do not have the tools that we need to get through this the right way. So, for now I am doing as much reading as I can about the best ways to handle this.
I got an appointment for Jerimiah next month and Ben and I cannot wait! We are so ready to get some help and the answers we need. He will see the neurologist on May 23rd and then we have to wait another 2-3 months for his psych appointment.
Regardless we will make it through this! We will learn the proper ways to handle each struggle. I know we can make it!!
Also if you havent already please vote for us to win the Disneyland Vacation. I entered a photo caption contest a little over a month ago and was one of the 8 that were selected for the finals! I promise it will only take a minute out of your time, and you wont get spammed. :) My caption is the one witht he young boy on the older mans shoulders and reads, "Capturing generations of Memories" by Stephenie B in Kennewick WA. We would really love to win this especially with all this going on, we could use the break from reality :) Please click here to vote!
Voted! I really hope you win. I would be so much fun for you to go on that trip and I would love to see the pictures (as I've never been there before!) Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteHe's strong, and so are you all! Who is this new friend you speak of? I have not heard of them! Yay for support systems!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sarah! I hope we win as well ;) And Lindsi I was talking about Bradys sister! Shes been great and very helpful since I am so uneducated about all this. :)
ReplyDelete