Saturday, January 7, 2012

Our little getaway...

Ben and I went yesterday morning to The Marcus Whitman in Walla Walla. I love, love, love old buildings and we totally scored on this one. When we walked in, I was totally in love. There is so much detail in every part of the building. I spent at least a half our just looking around the lobby. The staff was the nicest I have ever encountered at a hotel. After we paid for our room, we were told about all the complimentary services that they have...there was a lot! The owner lives on site, I met him his bull terrier Katie, which totally made me miss my pups.

Ben and I went our room and were just amazed. Again completely beautiful...



 We got ready to go and went down to the lounge to have some snacks and drinks.


We then walked a few blocks to hear some live music. We were the youngest people in there which is completely fitting for us. We are not club people, we love just being in a relaxed atmosphere and chatting. We spent the next four hours there, chatting, catching up on what we have missed out on the last 12 days Ben has been working nonstop. I just love my husband, we are no where near perfect alone and we do not have the perfect relationship but we absolutely perfect together. 

We were bummed that it took us so long to discover this beautiful hotel, I wish we had found it long ago so that we could have visited it more. 



1 comment: