Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Long days and even longer nights...

My poor husband, he has been working every night since the 26th, 13 hours shifts. I guess there is a huge job at some plant that has to be done asap so they have crews working round the clock. So basically I spend about 1 hour with him a day and that is when he is getting ready to go to work. I miss him...sigh


He has been too tired to do anything, which I totally understand, so the entire house load is on me, including taking care of the children. What makes me ever more sad is that these next two weeks he is in Seattle for the military. Thankfully the kids and I will be going over for four days to visit some of my favorite Seattle people. This visit will mean so much more to me than any other but I will get into that some other time.


Truth be told I have really been enjoying being on break from school, I get to spend so much quality time with my babies. I think I have built more Lego creations in the last two weeks than I ever did as a child, and I totally love it! My son is incredibly talented with Legos and the whole "12 and older" sticker on the box means nothing to him. He just sits down with the book and starts building. Now little sister is starting to do the same, I found her in her room with a little book from her girl legos building a car. Smart little cookie! Jerimiah who just turned sever started his first chapter book! So proud of him, he loves reading and I could not be happier about it.

As for me, right now is incredibly stressful (again I'll get into that some time soon) but I am dealing with it the best that I can. I have found that when things get stressful, I totally shut others out. I guess its my way of dealing with it on my own, which I am really trying to work on! On the plus side I did finish my first semester at WSU with straight A's so obviously the stress is a good motivator.

Ben and I are spending the night in Walla Walla this weekend before he leaves. We booked a beautiful room and plan on having a nice dinner and just enjoying each other after all of this time we have spent apart. I am so excited!

Alright that is all for now...Hope everyone is doing well

1 comment:

  1. I love that you two always make time for each other! Sounds like a hectic time for you guys, but you will enjoy it SO much once it settles down.

    ReplyDelete